Dealing With A Flooded Basement? 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week
Day Or Night, When You're Basement Floods, It's An Emergency!
Whether it’s a busted pipe, backed up toilet or some other reason, when your home floods, it’s a disaster. That’s why you need a water damage restoration company you can trust. That’s why there’s Service Master By Williams.
For more than 30 years, we’ve been helping families and business owners all around Worcester and middle Massachusetts recover from flood and water damage. We have the equipment and staff to handle any sized job. We’re your professional water damage experts.
Our mission is simple, day or night, whenever you call us, our job is to not only restore your home, we want to help you restore your life.
What To Do When My Basement Floods?
Over the decades, we’ve helped thousands of homeowners and fielded even more questions. Based on our experience, here is what you should do if your house floods. While our restoration contractors are on the way, you should:
First and foremost, make sure you and your family are safe.
If you can, turn off the circuit breakers for areas affected by water
If possible, try to shut off the main water supply to stop the flooding
Keeping safety in mind first, see if you can remove all valuable items from the water damaged area
If you suspect the water is contaminated, get out of the area immediately to avoid health hazards.
Do not eat in the area. Seek medical attention for any open wounds that occur in the area immediately.
The ServiceMaster Guarantee
Since ServiceMaster has been working with home and business owners for more than 50 years, we’ve gained our reputation of excellence by backing all our work with a simple guarantee- we guarantee our work is done right or we do it over.
With ServiceMaster by Williams, you are guaranteed to get experienced water damage specialists who have served customers with disaster restoration emergencies for over 30 years. Our staff is the best of the industry to give you the personal attention you deserve in a time of need. All of our restoration contractors are required to complete intensive training to give you the best possible service and outcome. If you’re basement floods, calling us is the best move you can make.
Along with our great staff, we equip them with the most advanced, state of the art water restoration extraction and drying equipment to handle any issue. We’re the experts at getting water off your floor.
Flooded Basement Cleanup Worcester MA
After you call us to clean up the water in your basement, the next call you should make needs to be to your insurance adjuster. Over the years that we’ve been doing water damage restoration, we’ve established excellent relationships with all the insurance companies that cover homes or businesses in Worcester.
This means we can leverage our relationships to help you get a quick assessment of the water damage along with a realistic expectation of the costs and timeline make things right again. Not only do we work on the water extraction and cleanup, we’ll help you work through all the paperwork to get you properly reimbursed quickly.
Basement Cleanup Company in Worcester
There’s no doubt that water is the most destructive force on earth, so when you have water damage in your basement or any areas of your home or office, we understand that it’s a really big deal. For a generation now, we’ve been providing professional water damage restoration and repair services for people living in Worcester and central Massachusetts.
Let us help you with:
- Burst and Leaking Pipes
- Flooded Basement
- Roof leaks and failures
- Ice Dam Water Damage
- Contaminated Water and Sewage Back-Ups
- Appliance Ruptures and Leaks
- Flooding from Rising Water
- Drying and Dehumidification
- Carpet, Flooring and Upholstered Furniture
- Content and Document Drying
Clearly, any water damage needs to be addressed immediately and aggressively. Delaying action will only increase the damage and lead to mold problems. It’s essential to immediately begin removing the water and drying the area as the initial stage of proper water damage cleanup.
Water Damage in Worcester
Summary of Procedures
- Conduct an onsite water damage assessment
- Photograph the damage for documentation
- Immediate Water Damage Remediation including:
- Removal services
- Set up fans and dehumidifiers
- Inspect & move furnitur
- Remove/dispose of soaked carpet, padding or flooring
- Begin mold prevention & remediation
- Apply microbial or moldicide to prevent bacterial growth
- Set up monitoring equipment
Why Choose ServiceMaster for your Water Damage Restoration?
We understand that when you have water in your basement, it’s a major disruption. That’s why we work quickly and efficiently to mitigate the damage as much as possible. ServiceMaster by Williams is a locally owned and operated restoration company backed by a nation wide franchise. This means we can handle the small water damage projects all the way up to the big ones.
If your home has suffered water damage of any kind, don’t hesitate to call us. We’re ready to help when you need us.
How To Clean Up A Flooded Room
- Use fans to circulate the air and assist drying.
- Remove as much water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe furniture dry.
- If the outside temperature is above 60 degrees, you can use dehumidifiers.
- Lift draperies off carpet, loop through a plastic or wood coat hanger, and place the hanger on the drapery rod.
- Prop up wet furniture cushions for even drying and place small wood blocks or aluminum foil under furniture legs.
- Remove wet area rugs or other floor coverings.
- Open drawers and doors to enhance drying.
- Move photos, paintings, and art objects to a safe, dry location.
- Remove wet fabrics and dry them as soon as possible. Hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature.
- Remove damp books from shelves and spread out to dry.
- If your air system has been inspected by a professional and has been deemed safe for use, you can use your air conditioner or heater to assist with drying
How To Clean Up A Flooded Room
Basement Home Flood Cleanup Service Company Near Me
We live in Worcester, so we know the history and the culture. For instance, we know that Worcester is the county seat of Worcester County. With roughly 185,000 people, Worcester was incorporated in 1848 which makes it one of the oldest cities in the country. Fun facts: Did you know that the heart symbol of Worcester is referred to as the heart of the commonwealth? Did you also know that Worcester has roughly 1200 acres of publicly owned property? Both facts show that Worcester has a rich history and culture. It’s also a thriving place for small to mid-sized businesses.