Mold Remediation in Leicester
24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week
Mold damage is one of the most persistent problems after having water damage. Mold can create health hazards that make your home or business completely uninhabitable. Not only that but mold can cause extensive damage while remaining undetected within walls, cabinets, and anywhere moisture can be found. That’s where ServiceMaster By Williams can help. For over 30 years we have been providing the best mold removal and remediation services to our customers throughout the state of Massachusetts. We provide around the clock service for all of our services to provide safety and solace in the event of an emergency.
The ServiceMaster Guarantee
Mold often grows where you can’t see it, but it’s a common problem after any type of water damage. It can grow nearly anywhere and is commonly found behind wallpaper, on ceiling tiles, and in drywall. Mold can hide in deep, moist corners of your property. Not only is it important to remove mold, but it’s essential to take proper steps to prevent mold growth in the future.
Effects of Household Mold
Mold harms your property and poses serious health hazards. For people with sensitivity to mold, it can cause respiratory problems including coughing, wheezing, skin irritations, along with nasal irritation and throat irritation. Mold is particularly dangerous to those with asthma and certain immune-related illnesses.
There are thousands of different types of mold that can survive indoors, however only five types that generally make an appearance. Below is some information on these species and how to identify them:
- Stachybotrys chartarum, is by far the most dangerous form of mold commonly referred to as black mold. This is the most damaging type of household mold as it can cause a wide array of health issues such as allergies, difficulty breathing, asthma attacks, chronic sinus infections, depression, and fatigue.
- Aspergillus is the most common mold found in homes generally located on walls, insulation, clothing, and an assortment of paper products. The color can vary from grey, yellow, green, white, and even black. The most common health effects of this are respiratory infections and inflammation of the lungs.
- Cladosporium can actually grow in a cooler climate unlike most species of mold. Typically found on fabrics such as carpets and curtains, or wood surfaces like flooring and cabinets.
- Penicillium is commonly found on objects and materials that have been in direct contact with water such as wallpaper, carpet, and mattresses. It spreads quickly and generally causes allergic reactions.
- Alternaria is mainly found growing on walls, around windows, in showers, and under sinks as well as other damp locations. This form of mold can appear as black, grey, or dark brown and often times is directly related to water damage. It can also cause allergic reactions like most mold species.
Insurance and Mold Removal In Leicester
Whenever you have water damage of any type, it’s important to do everything you can to prevent mold and keep it from spreading throughout your home or office. Mold begins to grow fairly quickly. After a flood, pipe leak or even high levels of humidity, it can start growing in as little as 48 hours wherever excessive moisture exists. Mold spreads quickly and can not only cause discoloration and structural damage but hazardous effects on personal health as well.
Our certified experts can provide mold detection, testing, and remediation for your property. We have the equipment and experience to thoroughly remove mold from affected areas of your property.
Tips For Preventing Mold
If you’ve had water damage of any significance, then there’s a good chance you have some mold damage as well. Given the amount of snow we get each year in Massachusetts, mold spore has an excellent chance of settling, growing and spreading on your property. To help reduce the chances of needing a mold removal company like ours, we’ve compiled a quick list of things you can do to reduce the chances of mold problems.
Weather-Seal Your Home or Business
Water and moisture can build up along windows during the winter, so it’s important to make sure all doors and windows seals are secured. Over time they can wear out, rip or tear off which allows moisture and water to seep in.
Make Sure Your Plumbing Is Healthy
We get a lot of calls from home or business owners who have experienced leaking pipes that have created a lot of water damage. Even minor leaks can create mold growth. It’s a good idea to have a professional plumber inspect your pipes and test the pressure once a year or at the very least, do a spot check to see if there are any problems.
Turn On Your Biggest Fans
Most of us have fans about the kitchen stove and in our bathrooms, but did you know that turning them on can help draw moisture out of the air and reduce the chance mold in your kitchen cabinets and bathroom walls.
Using a dehumidifier around the house helps reduce the moisture in the air and walls. This helps prevent mold spores from growing and attaching to damp areas around your building
Remember Low Traffic Areas
While it’s true that we see the most mold damage in places where there’s the most moisture like kitchens and bathrooms, but we also see mold in crawl spaces, attics and of course, basements. Since mold loves damp, dark areas, these places in your house are particularly vulnerable.
Whenever you have water or fire damage, the next logical thing to consider is mold damage. If you suspect you have mold growing anywhere in your home or office, call the mold remediation experts at ServiceMaster By Williams. We’ll come to your place and give you a free estimate on mold removal. Don’t let the problem get any bigger. Call us today.
Click here to learn about our ServiceMaster Restore.